Friday, July 2, 2010

The unknown

"Houston, we have a problem." Well a hiccup, really. We just learned of a paperwork adjustment that needs to be made before we can get our travel approval. Unfortunately, this information only came to us today (despite the fact that our agency has known for a few weeks--but that is for another day). So the "any day now" has morphed into another 4-6 weeks. So the last 4 weeks of "waiting" for our Travel Approval...well, we weren't really waiting for anything.

Not only am I upset that this is going to interfere with school (I have to be back in the classroom on August 15 and Jude's first day of Kindergarten is August 18), but I am heartbroken--My Maire is stuck for another month--I am missing ONE MORE MONTH of her life. I'm trying to look at the bright side, but am having trouble visioning it right now! Perhaps it will look better in the morning? Doubt it...

4 comments:

The Sheron's said...

I am so sorry. Don't think of this as a setback. Just think of where you were before you knew your little angel!! God's perfect timing-
Please keep the faith my friend. It will happen. She is coming home!

We got our PA- so we are officially on target for LOA!

God's plan is always best- just take comfort in that. It is usually not the way we want it to be, but when we look back in retrospect, we always see how his hand was present in every little up and down that happens. So, chin up and keep the faith my friend. Praying her home for you!

frogglet said...

Breathe, remember to breathe. Maire will be home, wish it could be soon but she will be home. HUGS

Melissa said...

Major bummer. So sorry. Sending cyber-hugs and hoping that the memory of this disappointment is only a blur once Maire is in your arms.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I am SO sorry! Though we know it is in Him timing...each day is still so very hard to be away from our babies!!!

Hugs and blessings,
Robin